Wastewater treatment process that includes combinations of physical (AWT) and chemical operation units designed to remove nutrients, toxic substances, or other pollutants. Advanced, or tertiary, treatment processes treat effluent from secondary treatment facilities using processes such as nutrient removal (nitrification, denitrification), filtration, or carbon adsorption. Tertiary treatment plants typically achieve about 95% removal of solids and BOD in addition to removal of nutrients or other materials.
NEWS & UPDATES
- UPDATE: Cyanobacteria Monitoring and Reporting
- Sewer Assessment Ordinance Public Hearing at Town Council Meeting – Thursday, May 20th at 7:00 PM
- State Tax Credit For Sewer Connection Costs
- Cape Cod and Islands Water Protection Fund Awards First Round of Grants
- Cape Cod Chamber Policy Pod Features Town Manager Mark Ells and Finance Director Mark Milne