Any organisms of a group of chiefly aquatic microscopic nonvascular plants; most algae have chlorophyll as the primary pigment for carbon fixation. As primary producers, algae serve as the base of the aquatic food web, providing food for zooplankton and fish resources. An overabundance of algae in natural waters is known as eutrophication.
NEWS & UPDATES
- UPDATE: Cyanobacteria Monitoring and Reporting
- Sewer Assessment Ordinance Public Hearing at Town Council Meeting – Thursday, May 20th at 7:00 PM
- State Tax Credit For Sewer Connection Costs
- Cape Cod and Islands Water Protection Fund Awards First Round of Grants
- Cape Cod Chamber Policy Pod Features Town Manager Mark Ells and Finance Director Mark Milne