Biochemical Oxygen Demand – The amount of oxygen per unit volume of water required to bacterially or chemically oxidize (stabilize) the oxidizable matter in water. Biochemical oxygen demand measurements are usually conducted over specific time intervals (5,10,20,30 days). The term BOD5 generally refers to standard 5-day BOD test.
NEWS & UPDATES
- UPDATE: Cyanobacteria Monitoring and Reporting
- Sewer Assessment Ordinance Public Hearing at Town Council Meeting – Thursday, May 20th at 7:00 PM
- State Tax Credit For Sewer Connection Costs
- Cape Cod and Islands Water Protection Fund Awards First Round of Grants
- Cape Cod Chamber Policy Pod Features Town Manager Mark Ells and Finance Director Mark Milne