Innovative/Alternative Septic System – Any septic system or part of one that is not designed or constructed in a way consistent with a conventional Title 5 system. A conventional system has a septic tank, a distribution box or dosing mechanism, a soil-absorption system, and a reserve area. Some examples of alternative systems are recirculating sand filters, aerobic treatment units, peat filters, humus/composting toilets, and intermittent sand filters. Some I/A technologies are used to reduce nitrogen in nitrogen sensitive areas.
NEWS & UPDATES
- UPDATE: Cyanobacteria Monitoring and Reporting
- Sewer Assessment Ordinance Public Hearing at Town Council Meeting – Thursday, May 20th at 7:00 PM
- State Tax Credit For Sewer Connection Costs
- Cape Cod and Islands Water Protection Fund Awards First Round of Grants
- Cape Cod Chamber Policy Pod Features Town Manager Mark Ells and Finance Director Mark Milne