Under Title 5, an innovative alternative septic systems that achieves an effluent nitrogen concentration of 19 milligrams per liter for a residential property and 25 milligrams per liter for a commercial property may qualify for a Nitrogen Removal Credit. The credit allows for an increase in design flow per acre in designated Nitrogen Sensitive Areas such as Zone IIs to public water supply wells, in other areas that have formally been designated as Nitrogen Sensitive Areas, and for new construction in areas that have both private wells and on-site septic systems.
NEWS & UPDATES
- UPDATE: Cyanobacteria Monitoring and Reporting
- Sewer Assessment Ordinance Public Hearing at Town Council Meeting – Thursday, May 20th at 7:00 PM
- State Tax Credit For Sewer Connection Costs
- Cape Cod and Islands Water Protection Fund Awards First Round of Grants
- Cape Cod Chamber Policy Pod Features Town Manager Mark Ells and Finance Director Mark Milne