Starting Tuesday, September 5, 2023, in-road sewer construction will resume as part of the Route 28 East Sewer Expansion Project. As a result, traffic impacts will vary within the vicinity of Phinney’s Lane, Route 28 and West Main Street, dependent upon the nature and progress of work. Formal traffic management plans will be available on:
- Barnstable Water Resources: https://barnstablewaterresources.com/news-updates/
- Displayed in Real-Time via Waze: https://www.waze.com/live-map
- Reported Weekly via Barnstable e-News: https://barnstableenews.com/
- Available as Push Notifications via the MyBarnstable Mobile App
- Shared on the Town of Barnstable Facebook Page
We understand that construction means disruption and disruption can lead to frustration, which is why we aim to provide our community with traffic management information on as many platforms as possible.
As always, please slow down and use extreme caution when traveling through road construction areas, and follow available traffic control, posted safety, and detour signs.