The following water quality updates have been issued for Wednesday, July 5, 2023:
- A Pet Advisory will be posted Long Pond Centerville within 24 hours due to increased cyanobacteria biomass.
- A Pet Advisory will be posted at Long Pond Marstons Mills within 24 hours due to increased cyanobacteria biomass.
- A Pet Advisory will be removed at Shubael Pond within 24 hours.
- A Pet Advisory will be removed at Lovells Pond within 24 hours.
- A Pet Advisory will be removed at Lake Wequaquet within 24 hours.
- Pet Advisory signage remains in place at Schoolhouse Pond due to high estimated Microcystin toxins being present.
Pet Advisory Level
Long Pond, Centerville
Long Pond, Marstons Mills
Schoolhouse Pond, Hyannis
If you are interested in receiving more information about Cyanobacteria and locations monitored, you may view the 2023 Cyanobacteria Monitoring Map at https://apcc.org/our-work/science/community-science/cyanobacteria/
If you are interested in receiving email notifications when there is a potential toxic bloom identified by Association to Preserve Cape Cod (APCC), you may opt-in by clicking this link: https://apcc.org/our-work/science/community-science/cyanobacteria/cyanobacteria-alert/ where you will be asked to enter your email address in order to receive cyanobacteria alerts.
Thomas A. McKean, RS, CHO
Director of Public Health
TOWN OF BARNSTABLE