As the first step in a multi-year planning and design effort, the Barnstable Department of Public Works has contracted with multiple land surveying firms to survey and map five of the Phase 1 Sewer Expansion Projects identified in the Town’s Comprehensive Wastewater Management Plan. The projects include the mapping of dozens of roadways, including many residential areas for the following Phase 1 projects:
- Phinney’s Lane Sewer Expansion Project which includes Phinney’s Lane from Route 132 to Route 28 including residential roads to the east and west of Phinney’s Lane
- Long Pond Area Sewer Expansion Project which includes all roadways between Old Stage Road / Park Avenue (western limits) and Strawberry Hill Road (eastern limits) and including the residential areas on the north and south side of Pine Street
- Route 28 East Sewer Expansion Project which includes Route 28 from the Water Pollution Control Facility property to Phinney’s Lane
- Route 28 Centerville Sewer Expansion Project which includes Route 28 from Phinney’s Lane to East Osterville Road and includes East Osterville Road and Old East Osterville Road
- Route 28 Marstons Mills Sewer Expansion Project which includes Route 28 from East Osterville Road to Old Post Road
Citizens can expect survey field crews to be working within the project areas at various times throughout the summer and fall. In the coming weeks, property owners within the project areas will be receiving notifications from the survey consultants which provide further detail on the survey project.
Citizens are encouraged to review the Town’s Comprehensive Wastewater Management Plan which is available on the Town’s website at: https://townofbarnstable.us/WaterResources/CWMP_Final.asp
Any questions regarding this survey effort, or the Town’s Comprehensive Wastewater Management Plan, should be directed to the Barnstable Department of Public Works at 508-790-6400.