With the possibility of an interconnection with JBCC, there is discussion of installing sewer in Cotuit, and bringing it the JBCC plant. The JBCC would allow the Town to address nitrogen removal in the western part of the town, and could provide solutions to other sections of the Town as well. As of the writing of this document, Town Council has appropriated $250,000 for evaluation and preliminary design of sewer into Cotuit. The potential sewer extension into Cotuit has been shown as the three “stages” on the Town’s phasing plan.
Subscribe for information on Wastewater and Water Quality projects in the Town of Barnstable.
NEWS & UPDATES
- Scientists recruiting volunteers for health study on exposure to PFAS in drinking water
- CAPE COD AND ISLANDS WATER PROTECTION FUND 2021 ANNUAL REPORT
- Understanding Nitrogen Pollution and What To Do About It
- 5 New Years Resolutions to Keep Our Waters Clean
- Route 28 East Sewer Expansion Project Moves Forward